BURSA CEMENT CO. INC.
Our system consists of the below process;
– Quarrying: Primary raw materials (limestone and clay) are taken from quarries and secondary raw material (sand) are brought from elsewhere to the factory.
– Crushing: Limestone, gypsum, trass are crushed to decrease of their dimension.
– Raw material preparation: The raw materials which are controlled proportions are ground and dried in the raw mills to get raw meal for the dry kiln process. After that, the ground materials (raw meal) are homogenised to achieve the required chemical uniformity
– Fuel preparation: Main fuel is the coal (lignite). Besides, natural gas is used and alternative fuels are used to substitute in part for the main fuels. Drying and grinding together take place for solid fuel (coal) preparation in the coal mill. In addition to fossil fuel (coal), refuse derived fuel (textile, plastic, wood etc.) which is derived from industrial solid wastes which have high calorific value are shredded in RDF Facility and then they are fed into the rotary kiln calciner to get heat requirement in the kiln. Moreover the liquid wastes (solvent, waste oil etc.) are separated and fed into the rotary kiln main burner.
-Energy Production: The electrical energy is produced by means of waste heat recovery which is available from the exhaust gases of preheater and clinker cooler vent. This system mainly contains 3 PH boilers (the gas is taken from preheater cyclone), 2 AQC boilers (the gas is taken from clinker cooler), 1 Cooling Tower, 1 Water Treatment system, 1 Turbine – Generator (7.5 MW). The generated superheated steam in the boilers is sent to turbine and then the energy is produced through generator. Bursa Cement supplies roughly 25% electrical energy of its required energy by means of Waste Heat Recovery Unit. It has the capacity to generate carbon dioxide emission reductions of roughly 28.000 tons/year.
– Clinker burning (Kiln Operation): The raw meal is fed to the kiln system to produce clinker. The kiln system is dry process. Our kiln systems have precalciner and preheater towers. During the kiln operation, the raw meal is dried-preheated-calcined-sintered successively. The sintered clinker is cooled fast by cooler fans. Then the clinker is stored in the closed concrete clinker silo.
– Cement grinding: Portland cement is produced by intergrinding clinker and gypsum. In blended cements (composite cements) there are other constituents such as trass, fly ash. Grinding is realised in the cement mills. Moreover, Roller press unit (high pressure grinding roll) is used to comminute the clinker so this method of high pressure interparticle comminution produces compacted cakes of clinker. Besides, trass dryer unit also is used to dry and crush the trass. The different cements which are produced in the cement mills are stored in cement silos.
– Packing and dispatch: Cement can be shipped as bulk cement or packed into bags to dispatch. Cement which is stored in cement silos are packed via rotary packing. Bulk loading land carriers are pneumatic cement trucks so it is used in bulk loading. Besides, the cement can be shipped in bulk 1.5 mt of big bags and 50 kg craft paper sacks packed in sling bags.
Bursa Cement uses the most modern technologies. Some of these are;
– Bursa Cement Factory has 3 POLAB AOT systems for online analysis of the raw meal downstream of the raw material grinding system. This system was installed directly downstream of the raw meal so POLAB AOT takes raw meal samples at short intervals, fine- grinds them, analysis them with its energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence analyser and controls the raw material composition and mill feeding. With the online instrumentation the analysis is carried out site every 15 minutes, and the corrections to the mix can be done automatically. As a result of using this system, stable raw mix with the right concentration of each of the main component is provided for the stability of the kiln operation.
– Bursa Cement Factory has 2 Rotaflam Rotary Kiln Burner for firing of liquid, solid, gaseous fuels. This burner makes the use of up to 100% secondary fuel possible.
– All of the equipments are controlled in the Central Control Room via PCS7 CEMAT Automation System.
– Bursa Cement Factory also has Absorption Chiller Unit (Broad IX Two Stage Steam Chiller) which is the most efficient system by means of converting energy. The Absorption Chiller is the most versatile, dependable, effective and environmentally friendly air conditioning and process cooling technology. The waste hot gas which is taken from the clinker cooler unit is sent to recuperation system for getting steam. A part of steam which is obtained in recuperator is used to supply hot water and heating purpose. The other part of the steam is sent to Absorbtion Chiller Unit for supplying cool water which is used for the purpose of cooling of MCC rooms.
– Circular Mixing Bed for Coal was put into operation in 2008. The Chevron stacking method is used for circular blending bed stockpiles. Preblending stores are used to improve the chemical consistency of either a single component or a multiple component. As a result of this system, standard deviations of the chemical parameters in coal are minimized and the stable flame in the kiln burner is observed so, these results have a positive effect on the cost of fuel and energy.
– Big bag packing and storage unit was put into operation in 2008. The cement is filled into big bags 1,5 tons each.
– Bursa Cement Factory laboratories have been equipped with latest technology. Some of these are;
• ARL 9900 XRF-XRD Instrument: Elemental and quantative phase analysis can be done by ARL. It was put into operation in 2009.
• Malvern Mastersizer 2000 Automated Particle Size Distribution Measurement Instrument: It’s particle size analyser. It was put into operation in 2008.
• Eltra Carbon Sulphur Detarminator: It is used for coal analysis. It was put into operation in 2008.
• Thermo Gravimetric Analyser: Volatile matter, humidity, ash analyses for coal can be done by this instrument. It was put into operation in 2008.
• RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel) Facility : RDF Facility was put into operation on October, 2011. Industrial wastes which have high calorific value are shredded in RDF Facility for preparing as an alternative fuel and later they are fed into the rotary kiln by means of dosing system. This facility consists of two shredders; Shredder-1 capacity is 25 t/h and Shredder-2 capacity is 10 t/h.
• ESP (Electrostatic Precipitator ) Conversion To Bag Filter : Bursa Cement signed the contract with Redecam (Italy) on September, 2011. Kiln 1 jet pulse bag filter was put into operation on June, 2012 and Kiln 2 jet pulse bag filter was put into operation on October 2012. Bursa Cement had two electrostatic precipitators for first and second kiln line before the signed contract.